Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

snipping tool only draws black after updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeffhome

jeffhome

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

i have windows 7 ultimate and have used the snipping tool flawlessly for along time and you can sketch on the snippet in color. tablet is clicked with multible reboots but  nothing fixes it.  its possible with the lates automatic updates for windows--that its a glitch that will fix itself when there are more updates with bug fixes.   anyway the the problem.  ive done everything and uninstalled and reinstalled everything imaginable. ive also run the "scannow" in dos--and it says "no bad files or issues were found"

so everything has been done. anyone know possibly of pay for it snippet tool?  or is snippet only drawing in black temporarily till they fix it???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

If you want to change the color of the outline click on options, this is outlined in red in the image below.

asnipping_zpsa36c3ec3.png

Click on the arrow in Option to open the color menu.  Click on the color you want and then press OK.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jeffhome

jeffhome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

dosent apply to my problem--i have windows 7 ultimate and when doing a snip--a much more complex window opens up showing pens with colors--a highlighter etc.  the chaning of the frame color is set at red--which it does.  however clicking on the pens to sketch--such as to circle something before saving or emailing--the pens only draw black--no matter what the color.  also i used it fine for years--this occured LIKELY as an update bug.    snipping works fine as most people get errors that it wont open- mine works fine but 2 weeks ago--you can sketch only in black...  thanks

likely will fix itself over night the way the autoupdates do--they have bugs--people mention them--then they do various bug fixes weeks later.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users