Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Razer Megalodon drivers missing.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zDeadly

zDeadly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

I have Windows 7 x64 SP1. I've been trying to connect my Raze Megalodon to my PC but it doesn't recognize it. I've found out that it is missing USBAUDIO.sys.
I found out by connecting the headset to my laptop and looking at the drivers in Driver Manager.

What should i do from here? I still have no clue how to make my headset to be recognized by my PC.

P.S

Razer has no drivers for Megalodon, only firmware updaters.
USBAUDIO.sys is not in my drivers folder and from what i've googled, this is a common problem with Windows 7 SP1.

Of course, i could be completely off target and it might not have anything to do with this .sys file.

Anyway, there is no downloadable driver for this headset. It's "Plug and Play", which when i plugged it into the laptop the device was instantly installed by itself and the headset worked.

In my PC i plug it, it says "Installed unknown device" and then a message that the device is unknown. Looking at the Device Manager in both computers i found that in one there is a driver for my Headset installed when i first plugged it in(Laptop) and in my PC there is no driver installed. Only "Unknown device" under USB controllers section.

I assumed that the missing system file is the problem because i checked which drivers were in the details of the Razer drive in Device Manager. I checked if i had the same files in my PC and found that USBAudio.sys is missing.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 20 June 2013 - 01:09 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users