Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Register dll on Win 8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SaPaul

SaPaul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

Hi Guys

Firstly thank you for being here, we noobies could not get stuff done without you.

I recently installed Win 8 on an HP proliant micro server I am using as a desktop. All went well unti i tried to load a program we use for the insurance industry.

I get messages that the dll's will not register, I have tried so far to

run as admin

Use EMSA dll register tool

Take the slider on user account setting sto lowest level

any assitance greatly appreciated

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hi

Is the program Windows 8 compatible ? . Did you contacted the software vendor for an updated version ?

#3 SaPaul

SaPaul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

I did , they said I was the first Win 8 user to try load the program, they will get back to me. However they said that there is nothing in the program that should not be compatible with Win 8 if it works on Win 7

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hi

That means they never tested it on Windows 8. A program which works flawlessly on Win 7 doesn't means  it works in Win 8. I have seen several apps that works with Win 7 but not with Win 8. I suggest running Program compatibility assistant and try to run the program in Win 7 compatibility mode.

http://www.newzhome.com/how-to-solve-program-compatibility-issues-in-windows-8/

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh994464(v=vs.85).aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users