Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop is no longer booting up. Hard Drive issues.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan55

Ryan55

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Dell Inspiron N5110. Windows 7

Younger brother was watching youtube videos on my laptop while I was on my gaming rig. Never told me that it had crashed until hours later and it was stuck in system repair. Waited for several more hours and the repair seemed to be frozen, so i shut it down and turned it back on. Tried running it normally, after it loaded windows it crashed and gave a quick blue screen crash before rebooting itself and returning to the boot options screen wher I could either run a system repair or start normally. I tried to run the system repair but it wouldn't load anymore.

After that I ran a diagnostic to confirm it was a hard drive issue. Error code it gave me was: 2000-0142

Thats as much info I can think to give atm. Hoping this doesn't mean I just lost my hard drive. I'm broke and can't afford to lose the stuff I have on my laptop. :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan55

Ryan55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Never mind, for some reason the system repair started working for me and my computer is fine now.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for letting us know, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users