Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need someone to take a look at this, weird files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alwaysclueless

alwaysclueless

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

I was in the middle of a Malwarebytes rootkit scan and lost power, when booting up again i saw this.

Any ideas?

I was in the middle of a Malwarebytes rootkit scan and lost power, when booting up again i saw this.

Any ideas?

Attached Files

Edited by alwaysclueless, 19 June 2013 - 07:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

If you are asking about the orphaned files, they are generally nothing to worry about. Anomalous shutdowns will often result in orphaned files (generally a file that still has a file record segment header in the master file table, but no directory/folder). Checkdsik will try to relocate orphaned files in the correct folder or even create a folder for them. Autocheck runs after most anomalous shutdowns to scan for such issues and, whenever possible, correct them.

If I were you I'd run a full scan: 

right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r  (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

Edited by Allan, 20 June 2013 - 07:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users