Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe Mode Services?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Goomba

Goomba

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hey all.

Is there a way I could see what services start upon normal startup in Windows 7 and don't in Safe Mode? Skype for me works 100% fine in Safe Mode, but upon normal startup, Skype barely functions, freezing and kicking me offline upon trying to initiate a call. I'm thinking it has something to do with a service or something in the registry that starts up normally, but not in Safe Mode.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

You can go to START - RUN and type: services.msc (then press ENTER). You can check the status of all services (including which have started and how they are set - Automatic, Manual or Disabled). Sort on any column you like to make it easier for you to check what you want then you can print the screen and compare safe mode with regular mode.

Edited by Allan, 20 June 2013 - 07:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users