Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WerFault.exe Application Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tegze

tegze

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hello!

I recently tipped over my PC , which made it very slow , so i decided to restart it. After that I had problems starting up windows, so it gave me the option to use the launcher repair ( not 100% sure that its the name , but it gave me the option to use that , or to start windows normally) , and when i chose it, it just gave me an error message that it cant read my hard drive. I reinstalled windows , and formatted the partition that had windows on it ( the other partition contains my personal stuff), everything went smoothly until my new, clean desktop came up , and it started to give me the following error messages:

The instruction at 0x0000000075B353B5 referenced memory at 0x0000000075B353B5. The required data was not placed into memory beacuse of an I/O error status of 0x000009c.

Click on the OK to termintate the program.

and the other error was :

The instruction at 0x0000000075B34DFB referenced memory at 0x0000000075B34DFB. The required data was not placed into memory beacuse of an I/O error status of 0x000009c.

Click on the OK to termintate the program.

this comes up at start up and also when i want to use internet explorer, to download drivers and stuff.

Every bit of help is appreciated

Edited by tegze, 19 June 2013 - 01:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

I would find who the manufacturer of your hdd is and go to their website where you should be able to find and download their diagnostic tool.  These usually have a short and a long text, run the long test.

You also should check the connection of the data cable between the hdd and the motherboard.

I wouldn't hurt to make sure the RAM is properly seated while you're at it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 tegze

tegze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thank you sir!

I'll check these things out and report back with the results.

#4 tegze

tegze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

update.

When i run the diagnostic tool these errors come up:

WerFault.exe Application error.

The instruction at 0x0000000075F753B5 referenced memory at 0x0000000075F753B5 The required data was not placed into memory beacuse of an I/O error status of 0x000009c.

and

WinDlg.exe Application error.

The instruction at 0x0000000075F75539 referenced memory at 0x0000000075F75539 The required data was not placed into memory beacuse of an I/O error status of 0x000009c.

Some applications bring up errors, others just run smoothly.

The cable and ram are okay.

Edited by tegze, 20 June 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#5 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

WinDlg.exe is a Western Digital hard drive diagnostic tool -- I assume it's the one you downloaded and ran. The "required data was not placed into memory beacuse of an I/O error status of 0x000009c" message indicates there are bad blocks on your hard drive, or bad sectors in RAM. As dc3 suggested, make sure your RAM is seated properly, and you might want to run some memory checks on it. Bad sectors on a hard drive can (sometimes) be fixed by running chkdsk /r from a command line prompt. You can open a command line window from the Start menu, type cmd in the search bar.

WerFault.exe is used by Windows error reporting. You can try turning it off and see if the error code goes away: Control Panel>System and Security>Action Center, click on Change Action Center settings, click on Problem Reporting settings at bottom, select Never check for solutions.

If that doesn't work, try running a system file check from a command line prompt, sfc /scannow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users