Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 10 Update causing new issues ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 staceycole

staceycole

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

It seems that right after the Windows 7 auto update of IE 10, I was not able to access PDF's on the internet and now I also realized I cannot download attachments from both my Outlook and Gmail accounts.

One forum I read suggested uninstalling the IE 10 update so that IE 9 was running, but this did not seem to make any changes.

Is anyone else having this issue or have suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

Have you tried a different browser as the problem may not be with IE.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

Hi staceycole -

Personally I have not had IE 10 problems yet, but some people have, so they go back to IE 9

This has been identified by M/soft as a compatability issue, but only on some computers.

You can try this - How to uninstall IE10 and reinstall IE 9 :

Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > upper left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click > click Uninstall.

Restart computer. You are back with IE9.

With Windows Updates, you will be offered IE 10 again, but be sure to Untick it when offered (use manual updates, or set it to Notify me and let me choose)

Good luck -

#4 staceycole

staceycole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Thanks frankp316 and noknojon.

I was able to download Google Chrome and am still having the same issues.

I also uninstalled IE10 and am using IE9 and this did not help.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Then your problem is not with the browser. I suggest that you uninstall and then reinstall Adobe Reader and see if that fixes it. Sometimes apps are corrupted.

#6 vulcain

vulcain

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hello,
An idea to share.

if you know since when was your problem, why not perform a system restore, did not realize the update and see if it happens again. It sometimes happens that an update is not without problems, and we must wait for the patch. If the problem is not there, you should know if you download an app or visit a site that has download recompressed, so do not do and achieve new updates.
cordially

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users