Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio After Windows Xp Installation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yes-r

yes-r

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:05 PM

hello guys how are you guys doing ? Oke my problem is i re-installed windows xp pro sp2 and i seem to have a problem now. The Audio seems not to be working at all. Can anyone help me please because i really don't know what to do . I downloaded what you guys suggested belarc advisor. This is my system

System Model
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Packard Bell NEC PB13316701
System Serial Number: 046722720325
Chassis Serial Number: 50424E
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Main Circuit Board b
2.93 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL P5S800-VM Rev 1.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0159 04/25/2005

Drives
193.59 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
190.86 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S [CD-ROM drive]

ST3200826A [Hard drive] (200.05 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 5ND0AEYV, rev 3.03, SMART Status: Healthy

Controllers Display
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
SiS PCI IDE Controller None detected
Bus Adapters Multimedia
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller (3x)
SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
Communications Other Devices

Thank you

yes-r

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

Hello, yes-r:
From the serial number you listed, I found your computer on the Packard Bell website.
Here is the link to the driver that is listed for your computer.

Realtek ACL-655 AC'97 onboard audio solution, used with a SiS chipset.

JC

#3 yes-r

yes-r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hello, yes-r:
From the serial number you listed, I found your computer on the Packard Bell website.
Here is the link to the driver that is listed for your computer.

Realtek ACL-655 AC'97 onboard audio solution, used with a SiS chipset.

Joshua thank you so much for everything, my sound is back and good. Can i ask you one more question please? somehow it looks like when i play videos they look blurry now a bit i don't know if it is me or my graphics card but before they use to be normal. Also i get this message everytime i play video on Launch: http://mv.uk.music.yahoo.com/player/videov...deoTarget&env=&. Also when i scroll down or drag a page down or up it has these weird lines and draws, so if u could help me out that would be apreciated . Thank you so much Joshua

Thank you

Yes-r

Edited by yes-r, 15 April 2006 - 10:05 PM.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:11 PM

Have you checked your Device Manager? When installing an OS, it should be the first thing that you do. Your computer should have come with drivers, but they aren't always included in the operating system. Sometimes there's a separate driver disk. But check the Device Manager first to see if there are any yellow exclamation points or question marks - that means a driver is not installed or is having a problem.

To do this, press your Windows key and your Pause/Break key at the same time. (Windows key is the one down between your ctrl and alt keys) Choose the Hardware tab and then the Device Manager button. Check through the list to make sure there aren't any obvious warnings.

#5 yes-r

yes-r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:58 AM

Have you checked your Device Manager? When installing an OS, it should be the first thing that you do. Your computer should have come with drivers, but they aren't always included in the operating system. Sometimes there's a separate driver disk. But check the Device Manager first to see if there are any yellow exclamation points or question marks - that means a driver is not installed or is having a problem.

To do this, press your Windows key and your Pause/Break key at the same time. (Windows key is the one down between your ctrl and alt keys) Choose the Hardware tab and then the Device Manager button. Check through the list to make sure there aren't any obvious warnings.

thank you for replying herk , yes there is Question mark and ! on video controller (vga compatible) it's yellow by the way. Any idea what i can do?

Thank you

yes-r

#6 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:10 AM

Hi yes-r.
You're going to need to install the correct video driver as well, link is here

Edited by HitSquad, 16 April 2006 - 07:12 AM.

#7 yes-r

yes-r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

Hi yes-r.
You're going to need to install the correct video driver as well, link is here

:thumbsup: :flowers: Thank you so much it worked you are the man and everyone else that responded back in this topic thank you so much bleepin computers.

Can i ask you one more thing? How do you create a system restore point? i want to create it now since my computer is at its best now.

Thank you

Yes-r

#8 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:34 AM

See below:
Create Your Own Restore Points
Keep in mind system restore is unreliable and a poor substitute for a "real" system backup.
I can't help but wonder (and you should too) what else the xp reinstall has missed since you've already had to install both audio and video drivers. You might want to wait on creating the manual restore point until you're absolutely sure everything is functioning correctly. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 16 April 2006 - 08:40 AM.

#9 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:46 AM

Glad your issues are being resolved....Further to what HitSquad said, we also have a tutorial on System Restore, please see BC's tutorial :
Windows XP System Restore Guide

Since you had posted a log to our HiJackThis forum before you did the XP Installation, you should also have a look at :
Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

Good-Luck!
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users