Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo email hacked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Speedo420

Speedo420

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

recently my yahoo email was hacked, sending out spam links to almost all of my contacts.  I have changed my Yahoo password and ran Malwarebytes, (which didn't find anything btw).  I'm not sure how it happen and wondering if there is anything else I should do?

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

In addition to what you have already done you might consider contacting Yahoo and report the incident so they can follow up.

Send an email to all of your contacts. Let them know that your account was hacked, and if they received any emails with attachments from you recently, they should not open them. Often, hacked email accounts are used to send mass emails containing viruses. Your friends likely trust you and will open an email from you unless you warn them ahead of time.

Read more: How to Fix a Hacked Email | eHow http://www.ehow.com/how_8333452_fix-hacked-email.html#ixzz2WaPErOOG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users