Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Main Problem is Windows 7 not allowing updates or installs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cableman

cableman

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

I have a Compaq Presario which has a fresh install of Windows 7 (legit). All was fine until I was playing a game on Facebook and when I went to play it again one day it wouldn't load properly to the game. I saw a popup prompting that to play games you might want adobe flash player installed but I am fairly sure I installed that when I installed windows7. I am normally very thorough but I tried to reinstall it anyway since it wouldn't or shouldn't hurt.

I then found that it wouldn't follow all the way through on the install. Partway through the install I get a popup saying "Installation encountered errors. Actionlist not found."

I am also getting messages almost everytime I try to go to a website. I get a screen message that the site is dangerous and I have to agree to an exception in my security to get there. I never set my security that high or like that. It has done that on it's own. I am trying to find where to lower the sensitivity but have had no luck so far.

Sometimes when I left click on a link or anything on the webpage that requires a left mouse click it does not accept it. I know that there is nothing wrong with the mouse. I have tested and confirmed it.

Does anyone know what might me happening. My Avast virus scan shows nothing. I have Tune up Utilities and it fixed all problems it found but no help and also I am having problems with windows update. Please help if you have ideas about what is going on. Everything was fine until I put the Facebook account on there and started playing "Mobsters: Criminal Empire"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

You can adjust your security setting from 'Control Panel / Internet Options / Security' but it is possible you have picked up a malware infection. I would advise that you download Malwareytes from here :

and run it as per its instructions. If this shows anything that you cannot confidentally deal with yourself, or that Malwarebytes cannot deal with on your behalf, you should post baqck here but in the 'Am I infected' section.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

I doubt the game itself is to blame. I've been playing games on FB for years and never had any problems.  If you've been clicking on any of the ads alongside the FB page, you could certainly have picked up a virus however.  Who knows where those things take you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users