Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony vgn-cs115j hardware troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dlord25

Dlord25

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hi,
So I have known my laptop has had hardware problems for a while but recently it got worse. It just doesn't start. The indicator for the hard drive which normally flickers when the computer is running doesn't light up at all. It lights up as long as I have the powers button pressed and stays on for about 2 secs after I let go, then doesn't light back up. I can hear the fan running as normally though.
I am certain it's a hardware issue. It has happened before but usually starts working after I let it cool off or I fidget with the battery or ac adaptor.
Weather also seems to effect it because it usually happens when its very hot or too cold. It's winter here right now.
Here's some history if u like:-
The pc is about 5 years old and over the years the problems has piled up. They started when I replaced the fan myself. First the disk drive stopped working( I figured it was a loose screw). Then the inbuilt web cam randomly either works or isn't detected at all. The USB ports also does the same but is always able to charge my phone.

How do I troubleshoot to find out where the problem is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

If this computer has been shutting down do to overheating you may have damaged the CPU.

Edited by dc3, 18 June 2013 - 10:13 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users