Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Movie Maker 12

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Boudeccea

Boudeccea

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

Good morning all.  I am running Windows 12 on a Gateway 64-bit machine with an AMD E1-1200 APU W/Radeon, 4GB RAM and having nothing but trouble with Windows Movie Maker 12.  I've downloaded codecs, reinstalled movie maker, drivers are all up to date (box is a refurb/Windows is a new install).  I am using MPG files from a Sony HD video camera.  When I import the file, I get the audio files but the video is black.  I am at wits end with this thing.  We are paranormal investigators and really need to be able to edit our videos!  Anyone that could help would be much much appreciated! :love4u:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

What Version of Windows are you running XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8?

#3 Boudeccea

Boudeccea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

Windows 8 which I am not loving so far!  

#4 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Windows Movie Maker was only available up to Vista, any Windows after that (Win 7, Win 8) would be running Windows "live" Movie Maker.

The two programs are not the same, and if you are trying to run Windows Movie Maker on Win 8, that could be causing your problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users