Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer does not boot, StartupRepairOffline

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mjf

mjf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Today, I hooked up my computer after a few days of it being disconnected without any usage.

Hooked everything up, but had no internet connection. Opened network settings for a couple minutes, shut the computer down.

Now, it will not boot. Windows cannot repair this computer automatically.

"

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: 21200090

Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06: 8

Problem Signature 07: BadDriver

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

"

System Restore has been ineffective.

"An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)"

I've tried 3 different system restore points, same error.

Windows Memory Diagnostic has been ineffective.

My main curiosity lies in what could have caused this? I booted just fine, did nothing, changed nothing, shut down, and now it does not boot.

Help please!! Thank you in advance..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Can you boot into the Advanced Boot Options?

If you can, see if you can boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

You can also try the Last Known Good Configuration.

To access the Advanced Boot Options start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.

Edited by dc3, 18 June 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mjf

mjf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Booting into safe mode with or without networking loads a bunch of drivers and then hangs after loading CLASSPNP.SYS

edit: after over an hour, it works! now in safe mode, did a system restore.

Trying to use the last known good configuration hangs at the Windows Logo + Starting Windows

edit 2: computer has booted successfully, after much waiting, taking ~30x longer than normal

edit 3: immediately after edit 2, i restarted computer. computer boots at normal speed now.

thanks so much!!

Edited by mjf, 18 June 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Please do the following so we can see if we can determine what the culprit was for this.

Please run chkdsk /r.

Click on the Start orb startorb_zps06e1f985.png , type in cmd in the Search programs and files box.  When cmd is seen in Programs right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

You will see a screen similar to the one below.

Screenshot2.jpg

Type in chkdsk c:/r then press Enter.

You will receieve the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>".

Type in Y and press Enter.

Restart your computer to start the scan.

This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan.

Please run sfc /scannow.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb startorb_zps06e1f985.png, the type in cmd in the Search programs and files.

cmd will appear in Programs above, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.   

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.  

A page similar to the one below will open.

Screenshot2.jpg

Type in sfc /scannow and then press Enter to start the scan.

If the scan finds no problem in the first portion of the scan it may stop, if it does not restart within five minutes type in exit and press Enter to stop the scan.

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users