Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS/ F1, F2, Control EMB

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sonnyz

sonnyz

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Ever since i ran some adware removal this problem started: internal clinkety clink over and over is heard, options F1 or F2, F1 doesn't work only F2 which I don't understand much of that anyway. located this info where i put on cap, scroll and number locks, then press control E, control M then press and hold control B and then i am able to access windows. I have been reading and researching for hours and hours trying to determine what caused this problem only to become even more confused ( which doesn't take too much ) as to is it my hardrive, motherboard, do i need to install drivers for the BIOS or was it possibly the free malware/ spyware that caused all this? I have been up and running on this Dell Optiplex 270 without any problems for 2 days so far... OS: windows XP Pro

Version: 5.1.2600 SP3

BIOS Version/ date: A07, 06/26/2006

Total Phys Mem: 1.024.00 MB

Avail Phys Mem: 256.76 MB

Total Virtu Mem: 2.00 GB

Avail Virtu Mem: 1.96 GB

Page File Space: 1.65 GB

I would appreciate any comments, advice or suggestions as how to remedy this condition, thank you for your time and help in advance, tim 

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2013 - 11:53 AM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sonnyz

sonnyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

All my troubles started after i downloaded and ran a free virus removal program and upon reboot I got this: clickety-click, clickety-click over and over, F1 or F2, F1 did not work and F2 got me somewhere else that I'm not familiar with, I had to put on Cap, Number and Scroll Lock, then Control E, Control M then Control B then F1 worked and I was able to get to windows. Now this is the only way to get back on the internet every time. I am using Windows XP Pro, Dell Optiplex 270, can somebody or anybody give me some advice or help and correct this? Thanks in advance, Sonny Z

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2013 - 08:11 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users