Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recording telephone conversations

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 duffsparky

duffsparky

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hi All,

Apologies for the length of this post.

I'm trying to record some telephone calls.

For this I want to use:-

• HP Pavilion 061 PJ498AA-ABU t645.uk 0fK0211RE101OXFOR00 PC loaded with Win XP Pro SP3 fully updated.
  • 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 CPU
  • 2048 Megabytes memory

• US Robotics 71-245668-01 56K Message Modem External European PnP modem with updated firmware.
  • TRx Phone Recorder v 4.31 software.
  • BVRP Classic Phone Tools v 9.03.

I can not get the system to record any calls, the TRx software support can't assist and US Robotics are the same ( the software people say it's the hardware at fault and visa-versa). The software requirements state the modem needs to be a 100% TAPI compliant voice modem.

The modem appears to be working OK, I can query it through Device Manager -> Modem -> 56K Message Modem External European PnP -> Properties -> Diagnostic -> Query Modem button (see image).  The response from the Query for Command AT#CLS? shows 0,1,2.0,8 which suggests the modem should be suitable (voice modem). I can use the modem to make and receive phone calls using BVRP Classic Phone Tools (See image)

The TRx software appears to load and run properly but when I try to record a phone call I get an error message saying:-

"An error occurred trying to open the modem for voice communication. The device may already be in use or may not support this feature. You may need to close other programs, rebbot your PC or upgrade to a different modem to correct this" (See image).

From TRx support webpage http://www.nch.com.au/ivm/modems.html#AAK I found the following:-

"----- Voice Modem Driver Installation - Remove unneeded/old modem drivers.

If you have upgraded your modem or installed additional modems without removing the unneeded drivers, Windows TAPI drivers might fail. If that is the case, the only solution is to uninstall all modems, and then reinstall your single modem.

It is also important that when you install your drivers the software (eg IVM or DialDictate) must not be running.

Voice Modem Driver Installation - Wave drivers not correctly installed.

Often the wave drivers have not been installed. Go to the Windows Control Panel double click on the Multimedia and pull down the "Audio - Sound Playback" list. Your voice modem should be listed. If it is not listed then voice modem wave drivers have not been installed.-----"

The Wave driver(s) installed are Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device.

From Device Manager -> Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device -> Properties -> General tab - the device is shown as working properly.

But from Device Manager -> Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device -> Properties -> Properties

tab -> Audio Devices -> Modem Wave Driver -> Properties button - the driver Starus shows "Driver is enabled but not working properly". The 2 radio buttons shown in the property box are not labeled and the Settings button highlights when pressed but does not do anything.

I've tried to reinstall the wave driver(s) but still have the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached File  Modem and Sound device device manager.JPG   204.95KB   3 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2013 - 08:52 AM.
Moved from XP to Audio/Video Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users