Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 michelepaule

michelepaule

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442129/found-hidden-files/#entry3081385 - Hamluis.

so how do I find all my pictures?  I find the folders, they look like they contain pics but the say "empty folder".  The pros want me to bring in the computer as they should be retrievable from the hard drive from "hidden files".  What a mess...  Thank you, Michele

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2013 - 06:13 AM.
PM sent new OP, move to Am I Infected from XP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

Rec'd via PM:

hi and thanks, I too got infected and lost all my pictures.  The folders are still here and look like they contain pics but when I click to open... nuttin".  It says "folder empty".  the guys at the shop say bring it in, they think they can retrieve them from "hidden files".  Can you help?  Thank you again.  Gotta go for now will check mail later.  Michele

Moved topic to Am I Infected.

Louis

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

Hello lets first try running Unhide

Do NOT run a Temp File or Registry cleaner tool.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users