Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wavy Scroll Action

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MarcusC

MarcusC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

When I scroll using scroll bars with my mouse, the screen moves but is wavy and slow. It used to move steadily with the scroll bar, but for some reason it is now waving and slow. No settings have been changed, it just started happening by itself. [Using XP Home on HP Pavillion 525c]

Edited by MarcusC, 15 April 2006 - 04:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:36 PM

Have you installed or removed any hardware or software, updated any drivers or done a Windows or other update recently?

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:25 PM

Have you tried a different mouse or if this mouse you are using is an old roller ball type mouse have you cleaned your mouseballs lately? Sorry about the use of words but that is what it is called. A dirty mouse will cause this problem and also if the infra red is dirty it will cause slow movement. In both cases use alcohol to clean the surfaces.

#4 MarcusC

MarcusC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:27 PM

When I scroll using scroll bars with my mouse, the screen moves but is wavy and slow. It used to move steadily with the scroll bar, but for some reason it is now waving and slow. No settings have been changed, it just started happening by itself. [Using XP Home on HP Pavillion 525c]

We figured out the problem - our graphics card had come loose so we just pushed it back in securely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users