Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aol Charged With Blocking Opponents' E-mail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:34 PM

America Online on Wednesday apparently began blocking e-mail on its servers containing the Web address of a petition against the company's upcoming certified-mail program, an issue the company called a "glitch."By Stefanie Olsen, CNET News.com Published on ZDNet News: April 13, 2006, 2:58 PM PT The Internet service provider, which has roughly 20 million subscribers in the United States, began bouncing e-mail communications with the URL "Dearaol.com" sometime late Wednesday and continuing through Thursday.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:36 PM

LOL who is surprised by this. It's AOL at its greatest. "Sheltering" its users is what AOL does best.

Posted Image

#3 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

America Online on Wednesday apparently began blocking e-mail on its servers containing the Web address of a petition against the company's upcoming certified-mail program, an issue the company called a "glitch."

Yeah...glitch my :thumbsup: .

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

Excactly! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

Somebody needs to buy that company out and then shut it down...
Those idiots once charged our credit cards for like several hundred dollars. We had to call AOL and our Credit card companies to get it strightened out. We have never been a aol subscriber and how they got our numbers we dont know but they charged and charged and charged....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users