Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Browser Connections

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mintizmate

mintizmate

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

Since I 'upgraded' my Microsoft browser to IE10, I have not been able to access the internet using this browser, and my Firefox alternative browser has also stopped working. I simply get a message on both browsers to the effect that they cannot connect with the proxy. I am using an Ethernet cable between my computer and router. I have checked connections. Although I cannot connect via my browsers all other activity requiring internet access (Kindle, Laptop, email on this computer using Outlook, updates etc.) appear to be working correctly. I have done numerous System Recoveries with mixed results. If I go back to before IE10 was installed the recovery fails. If I do a recovery to a recovery point after installation then I get a message that the recovery was successful and all appears well until I switch off the computer and power back up later. Upon re-boot I am no longer able to access the net. If I then do another system restore to the first available restore point then once again the browsers work, which is why I am able to send this message. When trying to restore further back the exercise fails and I receive the following - - - unspecified error 0x800700b7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

More and more consumers are actually reporting bugs that lead to sluggish performance, so most of them are now looking for instructions to remove Internet Explorer 10 and get back to Internet Explorer 9.

Basically, it all comes down to uninstalling Internet Explorer 10, as IE9 is automatically restored once you complete this process.

First of all, click on the “Start” button > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Click on the “View installed updates” in the left pane of the menu.

Go over to the “Uninstall an update” screen and scroll down to the “Microsoft Windows” section.

Simply select Internet Explorer 10 and click “Uninstall.”

It usually takes a while until the process comes to an end, so you’re strongly recommended to avoid stopping or cancelling it.
A reboot is necessary to complete the removal and restore IE9.

This can fix your problem for now. If offered IE 10 in your next Updates just do not tick it -

#3 mintizmate

mintizmate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Thanks.....will give this a try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users