Jump to content
Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:21 AM
Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:02 AM
Please download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Checkmark the following boxes:
• Flush DNS
• Report IE Proxy Settings
• Reset IE Proxy Settings
• Report FF Proxy Settings
• Reset FF Proxy Settings
• List content of Hosts
• List IP configuration
• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files
Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).
Next : Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM) and install it
Click on Update tab, and make sure the program has the latest definitions
Run a Quick Scan only and post the result back here -
Next : Download SUPERAntiSpyware Free (aka SAS) and install it
Check for Updates prior to any scan
Run a Quick Scan only and post the result back here
Next : Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
* Close all open programs and internet browsers.
* Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Click on Delete.
* Confirm each time with Ok.
* NOTE: Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
* Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
* You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
Next : Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu to your desktop.
* Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
* Run the tool by double-clicking it -
* If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
* Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Next : I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
1. Hold down Control and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2. Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
1. Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
5. Click the Start button.
6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7. Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8. Click Advanced settings and select the following:
*Scan potentially unwanted applications
*Scan for potentially unsafe applications
*Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.
10. When the scan completes, click List Threats
11. Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12. Click the Back button.
13. Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
Finally : Please download TFC, or Temp File Cleaner from BleepingComputer downloads
Note: Depending on how much data is currently stored in the Temp folders, this process can take quite a while to remove all of the files, so please be patient.
No log is produced when it is completed -
Tell us if you are having any problems, or if all seems OK -
Thank You -
Edited by noknojon, 17 June 2013 - 06:01 PM.
Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:08 AM
Thank you! This will take potentially 24 to 36 hours or so, because I need to first save my data, and then work through this slowly. But thank you so much for helping!
Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:59 PM
No Problem -
Just work slowly and post each item if you like, one at a time.
only the ESET Online scan should take more than 10 minures, all the others are usually 5 to 10 minute items.
ESET scan can take from 1 hour to 3 hours, depending if it finds anything -
Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:32 AM
It has been over 2 weeks since your last post.
Do you still need help, or will I close this topic ??
Thank You -
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users