Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there any major issue?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nav2684

nav2684

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

Hi, I have two brands' RAMs.. the older one is 512MB DDR SDRAM (simtronics which is 8 years old) and I installed a new 1GB DDR SDRAM (kingston which is installed in 2013) along with the older one. So here is two different brands' RAMs. Is there any major issue or may it cause any kind kind of problem with the pc? Thanks...

Edited by hamluis, 17 June 2013 - 07:07 AM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nav2684

nav2684
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:07 AM

Hi, Is there any software or tool for xp which tests the condition and compatibility of hardware? I want to test my pc's hardware and it's condition via a software also the faulty one. Thanks...

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

In many cases there will be no problem using the same type of memory from different manufacturers. Occasionally there may be an incompatibility, but there's no feasible way to predict this.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

What component are you referring to?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users