Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hooeylewis

Hooeylewis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hello My system is not starting and I am not sure what is causing the issue. I have a digital version of windows 8. When I turn the computer on I will get the load screen as I usually would. However it will stay on this screen for several minutes while the circle on the bottom of the screen is spinning. One the next screen I get a message that says.

verifying dmi pool data 
boot from cd

It then shows the mac address and then says no boot file name received.

I have tried refreshing and restoring the system to no success. What could be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kram B

Kram B

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Hello My system is not starting and I am not sure what is causing the issue. I have a digital version of windows 8. When I turn the computer on I will get the load screen as I usually would. However it will stay on this screen for several minutes while the circle on the bottom of the screen is spinning. One the next screen I get a message that says.

verifying dmi pool data 
boot from cd

It then shows the mac address and then says no boot file name received.

I have tried refreshing and restoring the system to no success. What could be causing this?

Your boot files may be corrupted.

Obtain a Windows installation disc and go to the "Repair Windows" option in the bottom left corner.  In there you should try "Repair Startup".  If that does not work go back there and use the Windows Command option.  In there type "bootrec.exe /FixMbr", then "bootrec.exe /FixBoot", then "bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users