Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Fan Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 w i l l

w i l l

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hi,

I have a problem with the fan on my Dell XPS L702X. I spilt some liquid on the keyboard a month ago - since then the fan tends to be sporadic, sometimes not working at all and sometimes 'revving' a lot at random intervals.

What would be the best way to go about repairing this? Is it likely to be a problem with the fan or a sensor/bit of electronics. This fan is difficult to replace, need to take apart most of the laptop to get to it so I would prefer not to just buy a fan and hope that changing it solves the problem.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Will,

I don't think that the fan is the problem. They can take a bit of abuse without getting messed up. It sounds like some of the 'electronics' have been compromised by the liquid. Bad news is that I think it's going to take more than a fan to fix the problem.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hi Will,

It could be more that the fan as suggested by dicke. We can get the system fixed at our repair center, if it has a complete care warranty. Otherwise, a technician needs to examine the hardware and replace the parts that may be causing this issue.

You can check the system warranty by punching in the Service Tag by visiting the following link:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=us&l=en&s=dhs

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users