Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 will not boot

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Aidanr97

Aidanr97

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

IMG_0544.jpgI have an eMachines e442 laptop which wont boot into windows or safe mode and when i try to re-install windows 7 from my USB stick it doesn't work at all and my laptop does support booting from USB stick. my specs are as follows...

CPU AMD V140 with AMD Mobility Radeon HD4250

4gb Ram

160gb hitatchi hdd

Here is a picture of the error code when i disable automatic restart. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance. 

Edited by Aidanr97, 16 June 2013 - 02:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

first thing to check is the boot order is ok.

if no joy...

then check the SATA cable on the actual boot disk. it could be heat damaged or loose.

then this

http://www.ehow.com/how_4937440_fix-unmountablebootvolume-blue-screen-death.html

or this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

#3 Aidanr97

Aidanr97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

first thing to check is the boot order is ok.

if no joy...

then check the SATA cable on the actual boot disk. it could be heat damaged or loose.

then this

http://www.ehow.com/how_4937440_fix-unmountablebootvolume-blue-screen-death.html

or this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

Thankyou for your reply. I have checked the boot order and tried to access windows repair but had no luck as it just seems stuck :(

#4 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Ok, do you have a repair cd? Try chkdsk /r that's what fixed my XP system

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#5 Aidanr97

Aidanr97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Ok, do you have a repair cd? Try chkdsk /r that's what fixed my XP system

Unfortunately not, i have managed to boot into Linux Ubuntu which will do as i quite like the OS

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Was the Linux boot on a live cd? or do you have dual operating systems?

Can you access your files from it? You could just back them up through Linux and reformat your drive, if your Win OS is that buggered.

#7 Aidanr97

Aidanr97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

Was the Linux boot on a live cd? or do you have dual operating systems?

Can you access your files from it? You could just back them up through Linux and reformat your drive, if your Win OS is that buggered.

I really dont know actually, i took out a hard drive from a toshiba laptop but i'm not sure if the toshiba laptop works due to a damaged screen but when i installed linux ubuntu using a usb stick it never asked me if i want to dual boot etc, also i had few files on my laptop as i use my gaming pc mostly i just wanted my laptop to work as me and a few friends like to play minecraft sometimes

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Using Puppy Linux live disc to transfer your files on a external drive http://www.winhelp.us/recover-files-using-puppy-linux.html#.UEmYsJZca0R

If the drive is not able to mount or read while using the live disc, then most likely the HD has failed.

Tekken

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

so you have both operating systems installed on the same machine....? right?

If you can't even run a repair start or safe mode on your XP OS it is ruined (for all intensive purposes). Just take your files over to your Linux partition and reinstall XP in the Win partition.

Just had thought on this. Is your Win partition full? that would stop it dead too. If so, delete some files out of there with Linux and you should be good to repair and go.

#10 Aidanr97

Aidanr97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

so you have both operating systems installed on the same machine....? right?

If you can't even run a repair start or safe mode on your XP OS it is ruined (for all intensive purposes). Just take your files over to your Linux partition and reinstall XP in the Win partition.

Just had thought on this. Is your Win partition full? that would stop it dead too. If so, delete some files out of there with Linux and you should be good to repair and go.

Okay, but i want to stay on ubuntu as i quite like it and it seems to be working now

#11 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Using Puppy Linux live disc to transfer your files on a external drive http://www.winhelp.us/recover-files-using-puppy-linux.html#.UEmYsJZca0R

If the drive is not able to mount or read while using the live disc, then most likely the HD has failed.

I understood he had both OS's installed on the machine. I dunno now...

Good luck bro.

#12 Aidanr97

Aidanr97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

I understood he had both OS's installed on the machine. I dunno now...

Good luck bro.

Thanks mate ill need it haha

#13 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

I made the same move last year... Now work on Debian, and if I need windows apps I run a virtual machine. It's the way of the future.

:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users