Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB drivers need re-installed after each start up/windows sometimes fails launch

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AB11988

AB11988

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Good afternoon,

I've tried to do a decent amount of searching in regards to my issues, but haven't been able to find anything conclusive which is to be expected I suppose.

Starting a couple of days ago, I had an issue where after each start up, I would have to reinstall my USB drivers. Now, the keyboard works fine in the bios screen, and when I choose whether to "launch windows normally" or "launch windows auto repair" but on the windows log in screen, I have to enable the on screen keyboard (mouse still works) in order to log in. Then when in, I find the USB drivers, reinstall them, and the keyboard is good to go. At first, this is all the problem was. However, today there were several occasions where windows would show the splash art (the "starting windows" splash art, but wouldn't actually launch windows. After restarting the computer, it would launch the "windows encountered a problem, would you like to restore?"  but during the troubleshooter it would always say they couldn't find a fix.

Also, every time that I fix the USB drivers, the update icon (next to the shut down button on the home key) dictates that updates will be installed upon shut down. 

I know that I could format and do a fresh install, but I'd rather not...I have no idea where my windows disc is at...

Just trying to shoot out some feelers, and see if anyone's encountered anything like this before. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and have a great week.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

:welcome: To Bleeping computer

Please post the computer/brand or motherboard model next time. Were there any issues or changes related going to the problem at hand?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users