Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install help Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 due to Logon Process Initialization Fa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ace123

ace123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hi, I have been having a problem with my laptop, I have received help from another help forum with a boot disk with repair tools on, which I have followed  but still stuck with same error. Logon Process Initialization Failure, So I think a complete install is the only way

I have managed to get hold of a Windows 7 installation disk with License but need help doing an install as I have never done a complete install before could anybody please help :-

Toshiba Satellite A300 Model PSAG8E
Windows Vista (32 bit)
Hard Drive was replaced about 1-1 1/2 years ago.
NO VISTA uLTIMATE restore/Backup discs

CURRENT PROBLEM WHICH IS THE REASON FOR UPGRADE/INSTALL
Error message when laptop powers up
Logon Process Initialization Failure
Interactive loon process initialization has failed
please consult the eventlog for more details
press ok, then get the error message again

I ran repair tool sfc scan - unable to repair. I have tried to run chkdsk /r but get message drive is locked, then do I want to dismount the drive to continue chkdsk. I have tried sfc /scannow another message there is a system rpair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again.

Problem Signature: Startup Repair Offline
Problem Signature01: 6.0.6001.18000
Problem Signature02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature03: Unknown
Problem Signature04: 637
Problem Signature05: ExternalMedia
Problem Signature06: 1
Problem Signature07: Os Version Mismatch
Os Version 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locate ID 1033

I have checked EVENTLOG & got these errors via SIDE BY SIDE

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\System32\LogonUI.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\X86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.6002.18305_none_Scb72f2a088b0ed3.manifest" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\System32\SHELL32.dll"
Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\X86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.6002.18305_none_Scb72f2a088b0ed3.manifest" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\System32\SHLWAPI.dll"
Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\X86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.6002.18305_none_Scb72f2a088b0ed3.manifest" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax

Edited by hamluis, 16 June 2013 - 05:34 PM.
Moved from Vista to Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Exactly what are you trying to do...dual-boot, replace Vista?

If that disk/license is currently used on another system...that would be an illegal install and will probably result in the owner of said items...being flagged by Microsoft.

Louis

#3 ace123

ace123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hi, thanks for reply, I am wanting to replace vista with windows 7 as I have no restore/disks for vista. I have an official license once windows 7 is installed just need to know how I start/complete windows 7 install as Laptop is in an unusable state with Vista on it.

All help is really appreciated

Thanks Roger

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Since it's a laptop, it's an OEM system.

That means that it may have a nonstandard boot partition...which, in turn, might make it hard to do anything other than a clean install.

What version of Windows 7 do you have?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users