Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

toshiba satellite laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 allenburg229

allenburg229

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

i dropped my laptop and now my display screen colors are messed up. i hooked up an external monitor and that display works fine. computer works fine too. my question is how can i go about getting a replacement screen or is it even possible to replace screen? i cant throw it away and run buy a new one. limited funds and such, plus i've got valuable info on it. have anybody here done a screen replacement? if so, please respond with helpful info. thanks

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Lots of results in search for "How to replace Toshiba Satellite screen". For more accurate help you

will need to note your laptops model. Or check out these search results:

how to replace toshiba satellite screen - Google Search

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 allenburg229

allenburg229
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

the model no. is pslb8u-0d8038

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

Look at one or more of the videos linked to in my first post to find out if you are comfortable in doing the

repair.

It is best to actually find the part number for your broken screen before ordering a new one. It seems

there are numerous screens used on the same model as you have. They would likely physically fit but

still not display properly.

Links to new screens:  Amazon.com: Brand New Toshiba Satellite L305 15.4" WXGA Laptop LCD Screen: Computers & Accessories

TOSHIBA SATELLITE PSLB8U 0D8038 laptop lcd screen 15.4" [on_49333] - $125.33 : laptop screens, laptop lcd screen

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users