Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Revenue from Ads on site

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:10 PM

Do you receive more revenue from the ads on the site if they get clicked on? Do you get more if a purchase is made from the link? Just curious. But I don't mind clicking on some of them if it helps your income.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:15 PM

Lol Me eiether. Anything to help.

Edited by scarlett, 17 November 2004 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 17 November 2004 - 05:53 PM

Here is how my google ads work. I would say that Grinlers work the same.

I put the ads up.
They are displayed on the site I choose.

In order to make money you have to buy something form the site that you clicked the add about. If you click it and dont buy he will see in his control panel the clickthrough rate.

Too bad when I signed up I was thinking that if someone clicked on my ads Id get a penny or something. So I thought I was going to click on it all day and make a living of wearing my fingers and optical mouse away.

TOOO BAD!

Thats how mine work.

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:15 PM

:flowers: I'd click-for-cash and encourage it too, Cows!! if that were the case. Good Question, Bluie... heck if I know, but I'd thought about it. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:35 PM

Yes its a shame maybe we should email google and tell them then sites like this can mae tons of money! Can you imagine all the members once a day clciking on the ads over and over?
At even a 1cent a click it would be a whole lot!

#6 Bluie

Bluie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 01:54 PM

OK so I didn't think it through to the obvious abuse. Some of us are slower to catch on to the dirty tricks people dream up. Guess the purchase thing would make more sense. Well, will just keep an eye on them to see if anything totally irresistible shows up.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2004 - 05:39 PM

What I am about to say is in no way encouraging you to click on these ads.

They just explain how it works and that may not be accurate as Google is very hush about this.

The ads on from Google are content based. So if there is a page about spyware, the ads will be about spyware, if its about video cards the ads will be about video cards, etc.

If someone clicks on an ad, from what I understand, bleeping computer does get some money. Not much, a few cents, but every cent counts. If someone purchases an item, or signs up for something, or requests more info from a site that you got to from the ads, I believe the site gets more money. This is unconfirmed though.

As for what you were saying CGM, do not even think about it. Google knows when a person sits and clicks on their ads all day to increase their revenue and you will be quickly kicked off their program.

Thats about all i know. :thumbsup:

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2004 - 06:22 PM

I know it was a joke! They record isp I guess. I dont get money if I click on a add? Maybe because your site is um.....helping people more than mine maybe.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users