Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My 3, E, D and C keys are not working.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ArmedBurrito

ArmedBurrito

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hi

A few weeks ago I realized that my 3, E, D and C keys would not work when I started up my laptop. But after a few minutes of waiting they worked and continue to work throughout the day. But for the past few days its been getting worse and now they wont work at all. Its only these four keys I have a problem with. The rest of the keys work fine. I did a bit of research and found that a few other people are having the same problem. But none of them really have any solutions other than buying a USB keyboard. Now I don't know if this is a hardware issue because they all have different computers. This is what I tried and nothing so far has worked. I tried restarting my computer, reconnecting the keyboard to the motherboard, removing each key and cleaning them (I did not see any sort of damage or wear under the keys.) and I tried rebinding the keys using KeyTweak and SharpKeys. I have never spilled or dropped anything on my keyboard and I don't mash the keys. My computer is a Toshiba Satellite L305D and I am using Windows Vista.

Any ideas on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

I also found the same keyboard for my laptop on amazon. Do you think if I buy it and replace it that would fix my problem or do you think its something on the motherboard and not on the keyboard? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users