Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

true monitor benchmarking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Hello,

I am on a sony vaio vgc-rb44 Desktop using xp32 with upgraded psu (430w thermaltake) and upgraded RAM ( 3gb total ) and an upgraded graphics card ( Radeon HD 5550 ). My primary monitor is a samsung B2030 using analog VGA coming out of the hd 5550 and my second monitor is a Dell 1907 fpv using a DVI digital cable coming out of the hd 5550 also.  my samsung B2030 is 1600 x 900 compatible whereas my dell 1907 fpv is 1280 x 1024 compatibile.

SIW is saying that my Dell monitor is set at 1600 x 900 whereas my  AMD catalyst control center is saying that the dell monitor is set at optimum 1280 x 1024.  XP is also reading that the dell monitor is set at optimum 1280 x 1024 and XP is also reading the samsung is set at optimum 1600 x 900.  Speccy is reading the dell both as the primary monitor as 1600 x 900 and it is also reading the dell as the second monitor set at 1280 x 1024.  GPU caps viewer is only reading the primary monitor (1600 x 900). why oh why is SIW falling off the bus?

Anyone know of the best tried and true application other than SIW or Speccy or GPU Caps Viewer to find out just what my settings are for my dual monitor setup?

Thanks

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hi synergy513,

The information utility may be detecting the resolution incorrectly even though the graphics card utility and Windows displays the correct resolution of the second monitor. You can use an utility from the list of tools provided in the following link:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/easily-extract-your-computers-hardware-information/

I have found a website that provides a utility which can be used to change the resolution of Dual or mutliple monitors easily and would be of help to change the configuration on your multi monitor setup. You can visit the following link for further information:
http://www.murgee.com/MurGeeMon/dual-monitor-resolution-controller/

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

#3 synergy513

synergy513
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

ok, will check into it later