Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Items On Windows Server Appear Locked On Client Mac

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_slehmann36_*

Guest_slehmann36_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Hi

I am running a Windows Server 2008 (not R2) File Server and a mac (Mac OS X 10.8.3) is one of it's clients. when i download a file on the server itself and put iton the shared drive, it is "locked" when accessed through finder on the mac.

Is there some permission setting or something thats not right?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon Lehmann

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_slehmann36_*

Guest_slehmann36_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

the files is downloaded from utorrent and I read in another forum that when the torrent uploader builds the package, they make it read-only to avoid accidentally modifying the file. 

I allways used to download the torrents on the mac client and then move them to the shared drive.

So if this is the case, than why did i never get any read-only files from utorrent for mac and ALL the files from utorent for windows are read-only???

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

Thats a new one for me.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic