I have tried paid Norten, defender removal tool, malwarebytes. I have a spare cloned HD (apricorn) but it is on that also.I have scanned for hours but it is still there and now the search button on the main firfox page does not work. This is what I tried...
Step 2 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Now type ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select ‘Modify’.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Any suggestions? Thanks for any help