Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Save and send Word & Excel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eriktheready

eriktheready

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

I am using Win 8 and I can't remember now if this has started since going to Win 8 or if it worked OK for a while and is glitching now. (I am using 2010 and Outlook on Win 8)

If I prepare a Word or Excel document and want to send it on to someone I can no longer go to the File/Save and Send/Send as Attachment feature because if I do that then my machine says cannot send this message.

I then delete the attachment, click on Attach file, find the file, attach it in this way and boom...of it flies - kind of irritating.

Rather strange - anyone care to comment?

And I would really love it if, when this feature does work, such as when you send a picture straight out of My Pictures, it freezes you on that email so if you suddenly remember another file you want to add, or you decide you need to check something somewhere else before you hit go, the screen flashes at you (gives you the finger). So now you have to close/delete that message and start again (fortunately if you have added text you can highlight it before deleting, copy it and then, after closing the message you can paste the copy into word temporarily until you get a new message ready then copy/paste it back into your email.

I have not tried to send straight out of my pictures for a while - must check if that still works....it does!

Erik

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

I have Office 2010 and Windows 8, I get the same error. I tried 6 Different repair options and so far none have worked. :(

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users