Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

suspicious hidden rootkit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 istubborn74

istubborn74

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hello everyone. I'm typing from Italy, I'm a new member. I want to apologize in advance if I commit any mistake in language, my level of English is still to be improved. my suspicion is that my operating system is infected with a rootkit. apparently, any control that has been carried out up to now has given a negative result, nothing was detected. however, the distinction is manifested by a sharp slowdown in broadband internet access. it happens regularly after 40 minutes from the beginning of the session and the internet browser open (chrome). the slowdown is not small, it is very heavy, and it also takes place during the night hours, just when the speed should be greater, as the traffic is halved in those hours. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance and greetings from Italy.
os win vista home premium x86
laptop HP Pavilion dv6000
av avira free
firewall (original windows)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 istubborn74

istubborn74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

no one wants to answer it?

#3 istubborn74

istubborn74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

wow.. best forum,thank you.  :clapping:

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

The log forum, which this topic is in, is very busy and it can take some days to get a reply.  That said, your duplicate topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498316/suspicious-hidden-rootkit/ has received a reply and awaits your response.  To avoid potential confusion, I shall close this topic pending later deletion.

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users