Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need quick help with laptop not working

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Syrus

Syrus

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Okay I have an acer aspire laptop running windows 7

I need help, It wont boot up.  Its stuck on windows 7 loading screen when i click boot normally.

When i do startup repair it doesnt work

Tried booting into safe mode and it stops at classpnp always  then boots to blue screen

Tried using acer erecovery management by pressing alt f10 but it wont load it just stays on please wait a moment let it sit for 24 hours + and still hasnt loaded.

Please need some help dont have windows 7 disc.

Please help me 

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

do you have a spare computer with a cd Burner you can use?

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy

Edited by hamluis, 14 June 2013 - 03:18 PM.
Fixed typo.

#3 Syrus

Syrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Um yes Im pretty sure.  Most likely the computer im using now will burn cds

#4 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy

Edited by ComputerTechGuy, 14 June 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#5 Syrus

Syrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

ok good download this iso image here: http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip

once you have burned it let me know and I will talk you though what to do

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy

Okay I am finished

Now what should i do

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

ComputerTechGuy and Syrus

Please be aware of the following:
Hiren's Boot CD is deemed by BleepingComputer.com management to be illegal due to copyright infringements (illegally distributed Microsoft files as well as a few questionable/illegal applications). Recommendation to use it or instruction on its use is not allowed on the BC forums

Please read Recommending ISOs of Windows Recovery Discs or pre-made ISOs of WinPE-BartPE - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic382841.html

Syrus, Unfortunately you saw the Hiren's post before I found what I needed in order to reply.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 June 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#7 Syrus

Syrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Nothing has worked :( dont have the money to buy a cd right now.

Someone please

#8 Syrus

Syrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Aspire 5745 series

model no ZR7

Ive had the same problem before, somehow It magically fixed itself after 2 months.  Anytime i try and boot into safe mode i get stuck on classpnp then it shows blue screen then reboots.

Man sorry Im sounding immature right now, but it just really sucks not having you're computer working :/ 

Also just realized you put asus, I have an acer

Edited by Syrus, 14 June 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#9 Syrus

Syrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Yea, See Thats my problem I can get to that recovery screen but.  It just says please wait a moment, I left my computer sit for 24 + hours and it was still saying the same thing.

Man I hate to bother you but yea :/

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

I noticed that after I read your other posts again. That's why I deleted my reply with instructions on how to use the recovery partition. And thank you for pointing out I said Asus instead of Acer. I'm actually looking at an Asus motherboard box when I am on my computer. I really need to get that box out of my way.

You are not bothering anyone. I wish I could help you more but at this point I have no clue what to tell you other than if you can't get it sorted out see how much a set of recovery disks will cost if you haven't already checked into it http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27543

If you get it sorted out you need to create those disks. http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12866

Hopefully someone will be able to help you so you won't have to buy the disks.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 June 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Apparently...the Acer Recovery procedure cannot be relied upon, from what I see...but take a look at http://www.pctechbytes.com/acer/acer-aspire-system-recovery-partition/ .

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 14 June 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#12 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Take a look at these they are free repair cd's for windows and this is the website: https://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

download the appropriate version and it will automatically run system start up repair and will repair most windows files for free.

if you need any further help please let me know.

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy

#13 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Take a look at these they are free repair cd's for windows and this is the website: https://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

download the appropriate version and it will automatically run system start up repair and will repair most windows files for free.

When was the last time you looked at that site?
It may have been free at one time but it is not free now.

NeoSmart Technologies has created a Windows 7 Recovery Disc for your convenience. It’s a ~150 MiB download ready to burned directly to a CD or DVD. It contains an antivirus scanner, access to system restore, Windows backup, memory diagnostics, and command-line tools for advanced repair procedures. Please note that this download is no longer free, due to licensing restrictions imposed upon us. 

https://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

From August 26, 2011

Almost four years ago, NeoSmart Technologies published a Windows Vista repair and recovery CD that could be used to treat common boot issues and recover from catastrophic system failure in case you didn’t have a Windows setup CD handy.

Three months ago, we were contacted by the legal department at Microsoft Corporation asking us to discontinue hosting these files. Until this point, we were not aware that Microsoft was displeased with our hosting of the CDs and in fact enjoyed a rather healthy relationship with the Microsoft support forums where victims of PC crashes would be directed to our site to download a copy of the repair CDs.

Since then, we have been in talks and negotiations with the Microsoft legal and licensing divisions, trying to work out a method whereby we could provide our users and visitors with access to these CDs once again. Today we’re excited to announce that these CDs are once more available for download!

The bad news is that there will now be a nine dollar download charge for each CD. There was no way for us to avoid charging this, as we now pay a licensing fee to Microsoft in exchange for making these CDs available, and also pay per download to outsource the high-speed web hosting for these large CD images (150 to 200 MiB, each) to an outside service.

https://neosmart.net/blog/2011/windows-recovery-discs-updated-reinstated/

In 2011 the fee was $9.00

This is what it is today

neosmart.png

#14 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for the heads up and yes it was about 3 years ago since I looked at the site and remember how good the cd's where and once they where free but reasonable price still for what they do and the success rate in experience in the past with these Cd's. lets face it nothing is free anymore that I am a wear of  

Kind Regards

#15 Syrus

Syrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

Well I recently bought 10 Rw Dvd R's 

What should I download and burn to a cd to fix this laptop Please respond asap dont have to much longer on this computer.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users