Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can download antivirus but won't let me install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 karebeth

karebeth

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

I had Avira and Malwarebytes on my desktop running Vista and a few days ago noticed they were gone. Computer keeps popping up ads and redirecting to pages I don't try to go to. I tried reinstalling Malwarebytes and Avira, and they will download, but won't install and run. I tried downloading from my laptop to a disc, but can't get it to work. Help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 im abcd

im abcd

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

That's probably happening because your virus isn't allowing them from running. Try changing the setup name. Eg- If the setup name for MBAM is setup.exe change it to something random.exe. Also, once you have installed MBAM, the virus might not allow you run it. To run it, change the executable name too. To do so, browse to the MBAM installed folder and change the mbam.exe to something else. Once done, do a quick scan with MBAM and post its results here. I will give further instructions after that. 

Regards,

Abcd. 

3dsig_zpsd150d538.png

#3 karebeth

karebeth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hate to appear stupid, but how do I do that?

#4 karebeth

karebeth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

OK...got MBAM installed from a disc i made from my laptop. Scanning now.

#5 im abcd

im abcd

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

OK...got MBAM installed from a disc i made from my laptop. Scanning now.

Be sure to post the MBAM log in your next post.

3dsig_zpsd150d538.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users