Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Laptop Problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Artnlp

Artnlp

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494241/startuprepairoffline-problem-signature-01-61760016385/ = Hamluis.

Hello I am having the same issue with My Toshiba laptop. Windows 7 is installed but it will not load.  I created a Windows 7 32 Bit recovery disk but it says Start Repair cannot repair this computer automatically.  When I try to login to Safe mode it will not load.  If a windows disk is not in the drive all I get is a black screen with two lines and a blinking cursor.  At this point all I can do is hit the Power button nothing else works.

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature #01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature #02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature #03: unknown

Problem Signature #04: -1

Problem Signature #05: External Media

Problem Signature #06: 1

Problem Signature #07: NoOsInstalled

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Edited by hamluis, 14 June 2013 - 11:56 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Did you use a generic Windows 7 installation disk, or the OEM install disk? Problem Signature #07 makes it clear the OS didn't install. This could mean one of several things -- the HDD failed, the system memory failed, or you'll need to reload the OS because it didn't load properly last time. If you didn't install the OS from an OEM disk, try getting one from Toshiba for your particular make and model laptop and install the OS from that.

#3 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

unplug any USB devices attached apart from the mouse and keyboard and then rerun the setup enter the Bios and make sure CD is set to first boot and make sure the second boot is the hard disk you wish to install on to and make sure the bios can see the hard drive.

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy  

Edited by ComputerTechGuy, 14 June 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#4 Artnlp

Artnlp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Thanks for responding sflatechguy.  My son that he was online and then the BOD came up.  He said that he was able to log into safe mode and Windows hasn't loaded ever since.

I did use a generic Windows 7 installation disk that I downloaded.  Windows 7 was already installed when I purchased the laptop.  I think that the Hard drive crashed as well.  I can contact Toshiba and try to get the OEM disk to see if that helps. 

Computer Tech Guy, I have tried your steps but the issue hasn't changed.

Thanks for all the help.

#5 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Do you know or remember what the error message was for the blue screen? If not, don't worry. Would be nice to know if only to help narrow down what the initial problem was.

You'll want the Toshiba disk to ensure all the proper drivers are installed. Not sure why the OS didn't install initially -- that points to a hard drive failure. If that's the case, you'll need to obtain a new hard drive and install it as well.

#6 Artnlp

Artnlp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately my son doesn't remember what the error was.

#7 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

At this point, that's probably moot. Good luck with the install. Here's hoping it's not a failed hard drive.

#8 Artnlp

Artnlp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Thank you sir

#9 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

Any further assistance you need please report back and we will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users