Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Women Vs Men

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:52 AM

Man Hunter
Woman Nurturer

Male Competativeness
Passive Female

There a are a list of differences between men and women.

Study shows that a mans brain is different than a womans.
Why do these studies tend to show that women have less of a grasp on geography yet women have proven to be higher learners in other areas..

Many believe that all behaviour is learned.

I would like to hear some views on this.

NO JACKASS HUMOR PLEASE!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:29 AM

Women and men are different. You can see that just from the outside lol..
I dont think its learned I think its natural for males to be compet.
Just look at animals they do the same thing the males to try and "impress" the females.

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:37 AM

Yes women have the sense to stop and ask directions. They know they don't have a compass in their heads like men.. so the wisest thing to do is to get directions.. we are wise us womens.

Hmmm is behavior learned? Yes I feel it is learned. Daughters learn by example from their mothers, sons from Fathers. Why not let Dad teach daughter and Mom teach son.

My boys are helpless if they need clothes washed or something and my spouse has no earthly idea how to use a washing machine. :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 snyper

snyper
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:42 AM

..from the small bit of study i have done on this, people develop by both instintive differences and leared exerience s.

Snyper just needs a little more time to learn proper behavior than others...

Rite Pandy? :thumbsup:

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:50 AM

:thumbsup: Right snyper! hehhehehee So far so good.

I think that the differences between Men and Women are what makes us able to work together, be married to each other, love each other too. Men and women compliment each others differences. I wish I could explain it better.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:53 AM

My opinion is that it is both genetic and also learned behaviour.
Plus one should factor in comon sense which is only an inherent,
intrinsic characteristic to some. Unfortunatly that is.
And also intelligence which I feel is mostly genetic.

We are all the same both men and women, and yet so different.

Of course I may be wrong. Just my 2 cents.
Posted Image

#7 snyper

snyper
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

True, i like our differences.. most of the time...

then other times.... :thumbsup:

:flowers:

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:36 PM

Well women talk more than men...Wonder if that is learned or genetic?
Posted Image
Which one is the female can you tell? LOL
One guy made a joke. He said women talk around 900 words a day. Men are like 500 or less. But women have gusts up to 1200wpd...

#9 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:57 PM

Hey now I know some men who talk a lot too! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#10 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:13 PM

My opinion is that it is both genetic and also learned behaviour.

Well women talk more than men...Wonder if that is learned or genetic?
One guy made a joke. He said women talk around 900 words a day. Men are like 500 or less. But women have gusts up to 1200wpd...

I agree with you both, women talk more than men and this is both learned and innate. There are differences in boy babies and girl babies, and these differences are doublessly exagerated by boys playing with firecrackers and knives as children, and girls playing with barbie dolls as children.

I've had the unfortunate experience of having to work at a payroll company. In that company, most of the employees were women, and I can tell you for a fact that women do indeed talk much more than men. Not only that, women have a much broader use for the tool of language than men - women use it as a weapon. Boys thought that knives and firecrackers had potential uses as weapons, but girls learned that a forked-tongue can do a lot more damage. Not to imply that men can't, just to imply that ... I don't want to work in any more offices where 85% of the employees are women. :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

Man hunter -woman nurturer may be your first example of instinct. The survival instinct: Hunt (forage) food to survive. Sex/mating for species survival. Perhaps just an instinctive urge in the beginning. Motherly caring, both survival and in response to crisis. As when a child cries the mother responds (maybe protectiveness) is the instinct.. The babies suckle of the breast at birth, appears to be instinctual. Some emotions themselves: crying, laughing, love and some fears. Falling for one and stepping off a ledge. We tend to climb or go up not down.

Competitiveness in my opinion is sex drive related at first. Eliminating all other competitors or proving one self the most valued. That may have been instinctual early on. Aggression may be instinctive,in my opinion,as in both mating and defense. This may make it survival again,but I feel there some difference.

I probably forgot something,but after those above, I'd say all other behavior is learned.

I'll tell you from experience in my martial arts academy that some times in certain circumstances the woman can be more aggressive than the men. But they also lean toward frailty. They seem to see a lot things differently and are better multi-taskers. Both sexes tho' seem fairly evenly matched in competitveness. Especially when pitted against each other in class. I appreciate their eye for esthetics. My wife is always changing things around and each time is excellent. Woman smell better too. Personally I like the way they move thru a room.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#12 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

I wonder what happened with those women for instance that have no maternal instincts at all.
Or any parent that abandons their child.
Mother or Father, both sexes do it.

Edited by Scarlett, 15 April 2006 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:23 PM

Yes that is a terrible thing. I think it's "learned" behavior. Whether from a poorly parented home or from society that encourages 'Me First'. Homes ravaged by drugs/alcohol can create some nasty situations. Sometimes leaving children with an abondoned reality. Nobody cared about me, your ruining MY life. I need more for me. I do work at a prison youth house and I was amazed by the homes of some of these kids. In some cases they are safer in jail. I have also developed a notion that the massive abortion issue has played a part over the years. I do not want to debate abortion,but I think I've been seeing a negative result in all children. I feel is occurring from the idea that mother's kill their babies. I don't even like to sat it,but kids see it like that.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#14 snyper

snyper
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:50 PM

Certain behavior that you might think is instintctive is not..for example , we had a pet lamb and 3 dogs at onestage, the lamb grew up with the dogs...she would hang out in the dog house with them and when the dogs would run and bark at an intruder..she would run with them too!!! she did have a problem trying to bark though... :thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users