Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox--change language

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PGHinBKK

PGHinBKK

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

Can someone help me change the language displayed in all the pull-down windows and messages that Firefox uses? I use a laptop at work that I've signed out, and everything displays in Thai. (I'm an American but I live and work in Thailand)  If someone could guide me to changing the language back to good ol' English, I'd be most appreciative. Remember the windows are now in Thai, so you'd have to say ( for ex.)  "Click on the Firefox orange tab in the upper left corner, go down to the 3rd entry, then go over to the right and go down to the 6th entry, etc.) 

I know it would be tedious, but it would help me so much.

Thanks in advance. :smilers:

Life is strange......and then there's Thailand....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

I think that you need to reinstall firefox with the version made for the locality of your choice.

Download the appropriate version from https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/ and install it over the top of the top of the Thai version.

I have used this thechique to change an installed US localsed version to the UK version.

There is a language setting on the content tab of Options, but that controls language preferences passed in the requests to remote webseervers for the pages that you visit.

x64

#3 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

... Maybe a better link is

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/ This page ia a direct link to the various localised versions.

As the other page that I indicated might not come up in English, and you would then have needed to guess the location of the "Systems and Languages" link that is underneath the Download button.

Edited by x64, 14 June 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#4 PGHinBKK

PGHinBKK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, x64. I was hoping to avoid that but I just completed it and it seems to have worked OK.  :thumbup2:

Edited by PGHinBKK, 14 June 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Life is strange......and then there's Thailand....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users