Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Vid Card Problems.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KOLZ

KOLZ

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:31 AM

Alright, I have had this problem for the very longest. First please don't say get a new pc or a new vid card because that advice is just bs with out the money to go with it. I got a Geforce 4 vid card. When I download the latest video drivers for the card everything seems to be fine until I try ceartin pc games like Diablo 2 and especially War craft 3. When I try wc3 the pc gets this big error and turns off. With Diablo 2 the game locks up. These are just two games amongst a number of my games that gets various problems with ANY of the latest drivers even a previous version. But when I use the drivers that came with the cd of the video card everything runs fine. The odd thing about this is that it didn't happen right away after I got the card and later versions of the drivers from nvidia's site. I am not sure when it started, but it wasn't right away either. I called nvidia's help line but they wanted to know who made the video card which I couldn't tell the guy because I have no kind of documents from when I bought this card so I hope this still can be figured out or some kind of helpful advice can be given. I'll give my pc stats now that I am done listing the problem.

CPU is a huge 500 mhz (yes I know it's garbage, but it does what I need since I can get no other. :thumbsup:)
Ram is 376 mbs (gonna be 512 soon)
vid card is geforce 4
OS is windows xp SP2 and updated completely.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:44 AM

You can start by downloading Everest and see what hardware details it gives you. It should help you identify which graphics card you have.

Also: some older games do not work with newer drivers, so that could be part of your problem
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 KOLZ

KOLZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

Okay I'll get the program. But from what I see with the screen shot when I scroll to the display part it just shows what kind of vid card is in the pc and I already know I have a geforce 4 lol.

This is all I can find about the card over and over heh.
Field Value
Chip Type GeForce4 MX 440/440SE

If there is anything else that I can tell then please tell me what to click on and show.

Edited by KOLZ, 15 April 2006 - 10:17 AM.

#4 KOLZ

KOLZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:58 AM

This is some great help I am getting. ;) Never thought of this stuff..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users