Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMI POST fail EMI BIOS access boots to black gibberish.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Khazahk

Khazahk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Good evening ladies and gents. I'm having a problem booting my pc. I have a B75M-D3V motherboard with AMI dual EMI BIOS. Came home to find a black screen with white system text using what appears to be wingdings. The post beep I hear is 1 beep (like the normal ok beep) then 2 beeps in quick succession. I removed my graphics card, does the same thing with onboard graphics. I attached a picture of the black screen. From what I could find online its either a memory parity error, or video bios fail. Any ideas? Thank in advance for your time.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Khazahk

Khazahk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I just wanted to post my fix. After some more google-mining i found a post in which the poster was in contact with AMI about his beep code. Turns out, AMI BIOS beeps on boot when it detects something using a USB port. To test this theory i unplugged my external HD, Wireless mouse receiver, and Wireless Antenna, and Poof....Booted. I think it was my Wireless antenna, I bought it about a week ago. I never shut down my computer, just put it to sleep. When windows shut restarted for updates and Defrag it was unable to boot again. 

#3 Khazahk

Khazahk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Moderator, feel free to close this thread. thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users