Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG has detected a driver threat

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kristi777

kristi777

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hi

I am on my moms computer right now.  She wanted me to run her AVG for her because she accidentally clicked a link and I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong on the laptop.  After scanning, I found a warning from AVG suggesting that there was a new driver rootkit.  I looked on Google and found you guys at this specific link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195169/avg-found-hidden-driver/

I did what Buda suggested and downloaded that Malware program.  In doing so, it found nothing malicious on her laptop lol.  So now what do I do?  It should also be mentioned I restarted the laptop after AVG supposedly removed the virus (or whatever it is).  It's still there, but for some reason MalwareByte is not finding it.  What else can I do?

She has a laptop

Windows 7 

AVG is updated to the newest version

MalwareBytes is updated as well

The exact details were: 

"";"Hidden driver, \Device\mfeavfk01.sys";"Infected"

Ah, please help.  I have no idea how else to remove this.  Thanks.

Kristi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

Upload the file here: https://www.virustotal.com/en/ for security check.

It looks like false positive to me. Not a stranger to AVG :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users