Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streaming audio dies when certain other apps are launched

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alan in Toledo

Alan in Toledo

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

My wife likes to listen to ESPN radio while playing games and otherwise fooling around.  She has a Dell Inspiron 560S running Win7/64HP on a fully updated system (my doing).  The problem she encounters is her streaming audio stops when she activates certain other (non-audio) functions.

Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hi Alan in Toledo,

The audio stream may get disabled if the apps opened use Flash or other plugins required for the web page. Please let me know the web browser used to access the Radio stream and the names of the applications that causes the audio interruption, so that I can help you further.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

#3 Alan in Toledo

Alan in Toledo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Browser used is exclusively Chrome (and always current version).  Realtek audio drivers are also current.  Apps that cause audio to stop are just standard Windows games (Hearts, Freecell, Spider Sollitaire).

It also turns out that certain video clips will not even launch (even though youtube content plays properly).  Here's an example of a video clip that won't play on her PC:

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Sights-and-Sounds-Mini-Camp-Highlights/4130e3d2-760c-41d7-8bb4-be69f672ad49

#4 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hi Alan in Toledo,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. I was able to launch and view the videos provided in the link from Internet Explorer. The issue on Chrome could be due to a corrupt plugin or extension. I suggest you to check if this happens when the videos are accessed from Internet Explorer and let me know your findings.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

#5 Alan in Toledo

Alan in Toledo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

Good suggestion.  Video worked in IE.  The "Do Not Track" extension in Chrome seemed to cause the problem as videos played once it was disabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users