Good evening BC; hope all are okay!
Once again, I am unfortunately back after 2 years of no problems.
My father's computer has been infected by the "Police CEntral E-Crime Unit' Ransomware/virus, also goes by 'Win32/Reveton' from what I know. I originally went to the removal guides before coming here, tried to follow the guide until I came across problems around #9. Please note, the picture of the one in the guide is not exact to the one I have. We do not get the webcam type option. If needs be, I can get you a picture if requested.
I had HitmanPro/Kickstart ready on two different flash drives (I tried it on one, then tried it on another to make sure) though it was never loading up over the PCeU in the main desktop. I wrote down everything that I was doing to make sure it was 100% correct, which is when I noticed something seemed wrong - after I selected Bypass Master Boot Record; the computer would restart itself (not go straight to the desktop) Please see the following for the steps I have taken.
*For note, the motherboard is a Foxconn*
- Esc / F12'd to get me to the Boot Override Menu
- Selected USB-HDD0 : Generic Flash Disk
- Computer loads to the Flashdrive - I select *1; Bypass Master Boot Record (Running 2.1v)
- HitmanPro.Kickstart Booting // MBR-Read
- Computer automatically restarts - then heads to the desktop screen
- Just after the welcome screen, you get a quick flash of the desktop screen before it goes white for about 5-10 seconds.
- Police Central loads up - after waiting 15/20 seconds nothing happens (supposedly how long it takes). I carried on waiting for another 2 minutes to be on the safe side. Nothing came up. I the computer down.
* I also tried selecting #2 - Regular Boot (When Bypass failed) - I had no luck.
Does anyone know how I can go about getting the software to load up over the PCeU ransomware so I can start to scan the computer and rid of this problem? If not, any other ideas?
Thanks to all in advance!
Edited by matty34, 13 June 2013 - 01:38 PM.