Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VLC recording

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Magic Sam

Magic Sam

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I think I have figured out how to record streaming audio with VLC but they don't make it easy to work out how to save a particular recording in a specified folder for later enjoyment.  The answer is probably terribly obvious, it just needs someone to reveal the secret please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueicetwice

blueicetwice

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Sam, see if this video link is of any helf to you....I also use VLC, as my media player, as I do not wish to

get caught with flash!

#3 Magic Sam

Magic Sam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

Tks, really appreciate that, I will experiment over the weekend to see if I can emulate what on the surface looks idiot-proof.  It just amazes me that VLC for all their virtues seem to make such an obvious requirement so complicated!  If I get stuck no doubt I will be back here again ...

#4 blueicetwice

blueicetwice

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Sam, report back to us on how things worked out...I have also tried this program

and found it very difficult to work with...

GL!

#5 Magic Sam

Magic Sam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Will be happy to oblige UK time schedules permitting.  What you say makes me even happier - I thought that it was just me being IT mentally deficient!

[There was some other procedure that someone recommended I tried which involved altering VLC settings and things but this led me to believe that I had busted the system and I ended up uninstalling the program ...if all else fails I'll let you know what these steps were if I can retrieve them]

#6 blueicetwice

blueicetwice

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Sam, many of us are IT deficient... :smash:   I will wait to here from you...

In the meanwhile, I have several flats to let, so it will keep me very busy... :busy: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users