Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Background Of Icons In Desktop Are Not Transparent

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 guezt

guezt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:31 AM

i've got a problem regarding the transparency of the icon background (bg) on my desktop. as u know that a typical window xp icons in desktop have their bg transparent instead of the window 95 version where the colour of its bg is shown instead of the wallpaper.

before i have this problem, i was working on a document using WINWORD 2003 n wat i did was i copy a picture (or image) in winword program, and then i paste in straight away on my desktop. it popped out a message asking something regarding the settings. so i just clicked ok and it turned out that all the icons in my desktops are now non transparent.

i've tried changing the settings in performance settings under system properties. but it still wont work..

i hope u can help me out here.. thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:14 AM

Hi Quetz.
See this article for the explanation and fix.
btw, no need to post the same issue twice. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 15 April 2006 - 06:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users