Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VIRUS ..Can't open files any files on desktop (server Execution failed)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 sony144

sony144

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

hey there, I am almost positive i have some kind of virus. i was watching a tv show on a website and I clicked into a download option on accident  and something started to download. Ever since this happened, my computer is very slow. I can't open firfox or internet explorer. I cant get anything on my desktop open. file will download for ten min and then i get an server execution failed. So I put on safe mode and download maleware a couple times and no virus is ever detected, I am certain it had to be that download because everything went down hill from there! i also tried to get into my files from document or pictures. takes forever and then it says server failed. i am not sure what to do at this point I can't use this computer anymore. the main problem is I don't know what the virus is called to try to uninstall or remove!! any help would be appreciated! thanks, 

Edited by hamluis, 13 June 2013 - 07:33 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.

Hold on there....

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 sony144

sony144
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

thanks! i would also like to add i can't install anything! 

#4 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi sony144,

I'm sorry for the delay - are you still needing help with this PC?

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users