Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to build a gaming rig!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Spydex

Spydex

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

Hello everyone, thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out. I currently have customized a computer using cyberpowerpc.com . My budget is 1,500. My questions are: Will this computer run Team Fortress 2 at the highest graphics with high FPS, even when recording with FRAPS? The same question applies to Minecraft. Will it all run smoothly? Please feel free to reply with tips, or even make changes to what would fit me best. If there is anything unnecessary in this configuration, please tell. (I need significant memory for storing recorded videos for editing later.

CASE:Xion Predator 970 Gaming Series Mid Tower Case w/ 2 External Removable HDD Bays [+17][/size]

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)[/size]

COOLANT:Standard Coolant[/size]

CPU:AMD FX-8350 4.00 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology [+36][/size]

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9][/size]

FA_HDD:Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (2 x Systems [+27])[/size]

FAN:Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])[/size]

FREEBIE_VC:Free Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Games Coupon [+0][/size]

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (1TB x 2 (1TB Capacity) Raid 1 High Performance with Data Security [+85])[/size]

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports[/size]

KEYBOARD1:AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard [+5][/size]

MEMORY:16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+89] (Corsair Vengeance [+39])[/size]

MOTHERBOARD:[CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, Ultra Durable™3, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a,  2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [+6][/size]

NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network[/size]

NOISEREDUCE1:Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29][/size]

OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional [+135] (64-bit Edition)[/size]

OVERCLOCK:Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19][/size]

POWERSUPPLY:750 Watts - EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply [+58][/size]

SOUND:ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCIe Sound Card [+45][/size]

VIDEO:AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+80] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)[/size]

WNC:Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Dual-Band Adapter [+66][/size]

FINAL PRICE: $1,435[/size]

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aQuilla

aQuilla

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

That's great stuff mate. However aren't you considering of having an SSD as your OS drive so that your HDD will be exclusively for you game files? A 120 GB SSD will be another $100 but I guess it is something that would be an advantage in the long run. You CPU is powerful nut I think it is a bit old for this generation. Haswell CPUs are coming and I guess you could also take a look on them and how it would fit in your system.

#3 Spydex

Spydex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

That's great stuff mate. However aren't you considering of having an SSD as your OS drive so that your HDD will be exclusively for you game files? A 120 GB SSD will be another $100 but I guess it is something that would be an advantage in the long run. You CPU is powerful nut I think it is a bit old for this generation. Haswell CPUs are coming and I guess you could also take a look on them and how it would fit in your system.

Ha, I know just about nothing about computers. I don't know what and HDD or an SDD is. I have a feeling this is good advice, yet I have no idea what you're talking about. :P

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

Are you building this yourself, or having a company do it for you?

You will save money doing it yourself and, frankly, $1,500 for that build is decent, but pricey for what you get.  That PC above is aimed more at the mainstream gaming market.  Here are some considerations...

Memory:  You don't need 16GB unless you are doing video rendering or scientific operations.  As a gamer, you only really need 8GB.

Motherboard:  The 970 boards are good and suitable for most gamers, but, if you think you will use more than one GPU, you may want a 990FX-based board as they are designed for that.

OS:  You don't need Professional unless you are using domain aware printing or EFS, which are meant for businesses.  You should also consider Windows 8 as it is even more efficient with hardware than 7.

GPU:  I suggest a 7950 for best results, most bundles come with free games too.

3939.png

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

I would swear I posted a snarky reply in this thread 2 days ago..........................Alzheimers oh my!

For $1500....US currency, I would build no less than an Intel 3770K/Z77 combo with 8 meg of RAM and at minimum an ATI/AMD 7950, or preferably a 7970 or an NVidia GTX770.  For $800-900 you could get all of the main components (CPU/motherboard/memory/videocard) lined up, then fill in the blanks.

Oh here- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229466

Just goofing around on Newegg and found a build for $1350 inc $50 rebate.  Haswell, GTX770 will run about anything maxxed out at a reasonable resolution.  Just throwin' it out there.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 babicz

babicz

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

1,500$

TF2

Mincraft

Are you trolling?

#7 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

1,500$
TF2
Mincraft

Are you trolling?

The OP will most likely play other games.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users