Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd/dvd Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 luckyjoe

luckyjoe

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:43 PM

Under Device Manager, there is an exclamation point on the dvd and cd drivers. the error that i recieve is :

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I tried using troubleshooter but that doesnt seem to help either. I also tried uninstalling and installing the drivers but nothing had helped. When i reinstalled it said that there is a problem occured during the new hardware installation and that it might not work properly. I don't have a rollback driver or am i able to update the driver since i do not have the cd. so basically yeah, I don't know how to fix this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:20 AM

Go to support at the manufacturer/s that produced the DVD and CD drive/s and download the latest driver/s for the devices to a folder where you will easily be able to find them.

Then go to the device manager and uninstall the drive/s, reboot, let Windows find and install them using the drivers you previously downloaded.

If that doesn't cure the problem (it should), you may have to download new firmware for them too.

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:42 AM

Hello, Is this on a drive that you just installed? If so then the problem is one of three things:

1 - Drive = No Good

2 - Ribbon Cable is on the drive wrong = May be backwards or not seated properly = backwards is inserted into the connector in the wrong direction.

3 - drive select is wrong - there are settings next to the ribbon cable that have to be set properly like if you hard drive is set to master this drive has to be set to Slave.

If you do not know about any of this ask a friend or a qualified tech about it.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:24 AM

Take a look at this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users